Due to the recent controversy in the auction of 2G spectrum, this sector has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. The scope in this sector can be gauged from the fact that India has the largest number of cell phone connections in the world after China.
Due to the global nature of the Internet, technology clients increasingly require legal advice in multiple jurisdictions. Since they were start-ups, many of our clients have relied on MLegal through their cycles of growth and success. Our technology and e-business lawyers concentrate on electronic commerce in all of its forms. Information technology can challenge even the best lawyers unless they have knowledge and experience. From negotiating complex strategic alliance agreements to guiding clients through the maze
of multinational privacy, business and other regulations, we’ve been there. For nearly 20 years our attorneys have provided legal advice to technology clients on corporate organization, financing, securities, transactions and intellectual property.
Clients turn to us for expertise in setting up online businesses. We negotiate major online content, design, electronic gateway and Internet access agreements. We help clients to exploit valuable intellectual property rights through branding, licensing and merchandising programmes. We facilitate company growth by negotiated outsourcing and application service provider agreements, and back-end fulfilment arrangements.
Some of the crucial strategy issues we tackle for the emerging business and technology companies include:
- Choice of business entity.
- Corporate finance- strategic investment, seed financing, venture capital transaction (mergers and acquisition, divestitures, initial public offering).
- Intellectual property protection and licensing, portfolio strategy and development,
- Employment- related issues- contract, handbooks, confidentiality agreement, and equity incentive arrangement.
- Domestic and International tax planning advice and assistance.
- Immigration assistance for technical and other key personnel.
- Internet business strategies- licensing and hosting agreements.
- Litigation in case of disputes.
- Money Laundering and FEMA patents.